Five Ways To Combat The Possibility Of Developing Varicose Veins
Health & Medical
You've probably heard of varicose veins and the unsightly appearance they leave on your legs. Luckily, varicose veins are very much avoidable from developing. Here are five ways you can help combat the possibility:
- Exercise: Being overweight is probably the biggest factor when it comes to developing varicose veins. This is because when you are overweight, it leads to a great deal of pressure being put on your veins, which leads to the veins bulging out. The biggest problem, however, is that even bulging veins can be difficult to see when you are overweight since the excess fat covers it. This leads to the varicose veins going without treatment many times, which can lead to bigger problems.
- Wearing Flat Shoes: Women are more prone to varicose veins simply because of wearing heels. It's much better to be wearing flat shoes. If you do wear heels, it should only be a short period of time. This is going to help with proper blood flow, which prevents varicose veins.
- Stretching: If you are being sedentary throughout the day, it's a good idea to get some stretching in or to walk around for some time. This is important to prevent restricted blood flow. You can also get up and walk around for a bit or even put your legs above your heart for some time to get the blood moving.
- Avoiding Hormonal Changes if Possible: While it's not possible to prevent hormonal changes completely, there are some ways to help control it. For example, if varicose veins run in your family, chances are you are more prone to it, as well. For this reason, it's important to consider whether or not taking hormonal birth control methods is best. This can lead to a higher chance of developing varicose veins, after all.
- Getting Treatment and Sticking to a Plan: If you do notice symptoms of varicose veins, it's important to visit a varicose vein doctor right away to get treatment, as well as stick to a plan to help prevent it from developing into an even worse problem. Be sure to take any medications your doctor prescribes, as well as incorporate more exercises into your daily routine to help combat it further.
When you consider these five ways to combat the possibility of developing varicose veins, you can be sure that it's not something you have to fight your whole life to a point where it begins to take over your life.
16 August 2017